Saturday 28 January 2012

Project 10 Pan.

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. I've just been really busy with some personal things. But I'm back now, and I thought I'd talk about something I've been thinking about a lot recently.

The first step to overcoming an addiction is to admit you have a problem. So today I will admit that I am a shopaholic/beauty addict/hoarder. It's not a problem I want to get rid of completely-I still want to be able to buy things every now and then-but I don't want to be buying things ALL THE TIME like I am now.


I have way too many things. Here I'm just going to focus on beauty products. Even though my collection may be considered small by some people (who have drawers and drawers full of beauty products) I think it's huge (and so do my family and friends). While I am fully aware of this, I still went ahead and ordered lots of stuff from the US that my friend brought a few weeks ago. I don't even use loads of make-up everyday. On top of all that, I will probably be moving to the UK again in a year or so and there's no way I can take all the things I have right now with me. Project 10 Pan has become really popular with beauty bloggers in recent years. The concept is simple: You have to use up 10 products before buying any more. For me this will include make-up, skincare, bodycare and hair products. Every time I finish doing this project I will allow myself to buy 2 products and then start another Project 10 Pan.

This will require a lot of self control but I know I can do it. I'm not in the UK any more, so that does make it easier to not buy things because I'm not too familiar with local brands, but I have family and friends all over the world and they visit often, so the real test is to not ask them to bring me things. What's great is that every time I finish a few things I can do a blog post about them, and  seeing the empty containers will give me motivation to go on. I just have to stay strong!

Any of you doing anything similar? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your feedback so please feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.