Friday 2 December 2011

MAC Technakohl Liner-Review

I'm always tempted to buy something when I'm at Heathrow Airport because of the duty free prices! I picked this pencil up from the MAC counter about a year ago. 

What MAC says:
A mechanical pencil-style liner. In formula, soft and creamy, with an intense, rich, colour deposit. Blends on application: dries quickly to a long-wear, non-smudge finish. Versatile. An easy way to line the top and lower lash line of the eye. When applied at a 90 degree angle, provides a thin precision line. For thicker application, apply at a flat angle.




I have this in Graphblack which is described as a "rich graphic black" and is basically an intense black colour as you can see in the picture below.


The liner is very creamy and easy to apply. You don't have to keep going over it again and again to get a rich black colour. One swipe is enough. You don't have to press very hard either. Even though I wear contact lenses, I can easily apply this on my waterline and it doesn't irritate my eyes at all. It doesn't smudge or disappear after a few hours-it stays put and doesn't give you raccoon eyes. I usually only wear this at night if I'm going out because I find that black liner looks too intense on me during the day. I love this liner and it's my go-to liner most nights. Another great thing about it is that you don't have to sharpen it since it's one of those twist up pencils. I hate sharpening liners so I'm so glad I have this. I've had it for over a year and I still have a lot left.

It's available in a variety of colours that you can check out here. You can buy it for £13.50 in the UK. I think I paid around £12.50 for it though. Worth every penny in my opinion. I'm very picky about eye liners as they tend to smudge a lot on me, and they often won't show up on my waterline. I definitely recommend this as it's such a great quality liner and will repurchase it once I run out (which won't be for ages!).

2 comments:

I really appreciate all your feedback so please feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.