Saturday 26 November 2011

ELF Mechanical Eyelash Curler-Is all the hype true?

In short, yes. All you pretty ladies who can't afford the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, here is a pretty good alternative: The ELF Mechanical Eyelash Curler.



What ELF says:
This innovative eyelash curler has a special curved design which angles to suit all eye shapes. Its silicone rubber pad applies the appropriate amount of pressure to curl lashes naturally and allows for damage-free heating. Get long-lasting curled lashes both easily and safely. Add a swipe of e.l.f. Water and Earth Mascara and curled lashes remain in perfect shape all day.



This is the best eyelash curler I have ever used. It is incredibly easy to use, and is great for beginners AND professionals.  The curved design allows the curler to fit my eye perfectly, and makes it really easy to get all my lashes in the curler. The curler comes with 2 rubber pads, which will eventually get worn out so you will have to replace the curler, but it's pretty cheap so that's ok. And finally the performance: It gives my straight lashes a gorgeous natural curl. My eyelashes don't look clumped or stick out at odd angles. 
This picture doesn't do justice to how gorgeous my lashes look after using this curler.
Compare this to my other eye. I haven't done anything to the lashes here.
As you can see, the eyelash curler really did make a difference to my lashes.

This eyelash curler is available here for £1.50 and here for Rs 170. I definitely recommend this eyelash curler and I will be repurchasing once my rubber pads get worn out.

I know some people like to heat their eyelash curlers with the help of a blow dryer before using them, but I don't do this, as I personally feel that these curlers do a fantastic job even without heat.

You should never curl lashes after applying mascara as this will cause your lashes to stick to the curler and break. Always curl clean lashes, before applying mascara.

If you want to know how to curl your lashes, check out Marlena's page here. This is the method I follow.



So try it out and let me know what you think :)

3 comments:

  1. Great review!!! wow is it really that good?! I was gonna get a curler off ebay (from China lol) but I'm thinking of doing a second order now, heehee. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise. Definitely try this curler out. Its one of those things I have that I can't live without!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review and a lovely blog, a new follower from www.sunniewrites.blogspot.com,would love if you follow me back <3 <3 <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all your feedback so please feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.